The Guelph Youth Volleyball Association is a not for profit corporation established to administer a community-based volleyball program to engage all interested participants in a quality athlete centred experience, and to ensure that the mission and goals of the program are followed. We are governed by a volunteer board that exists to provide young people in our community the opportunity to participate in programs that teach fundamental volleyball skills, as well as very important life skills.
We are seeking a Head Coaches for our 2018/2019 Indoor Season to provide leadership in the teaching and administration of the sport of volleyball for a youth league. This is a volunteer position but we do provide an honorarium, cost coverage of expenses such as mileage, meals, and other expenses related specifically to team requirement. This is a hands-on position with little amount of administrative duties involved.
- Informing the sports administrator about the plans, programs and conducted games of volleyball under his/her supervision
- He/she is held accountable for the behaviour and performance of the volleyball team members who are coach by him/her
- Instructing the players about the various ways and means of enhancing their performance
- Provide encouragement to the players
- Coaches the players in a manner that upholds the club philosophies
- Instructing his/her team members about the rules, regulations and policies of volleyball and teaching them how to play flexibly, effectively and winningly.
- Aiding the educational and individual growth of the team members and ensuring that they maintain good health and undergo healthy overall development
- Ensuring that his/her team members or players play volleyball in accordance with the standard rules and regulations of the game.
- Motivating them and advising the same to give their 100% in the game
- Explaining to them the importance of ‘teamwork’ and ‘agility’ that can make them win matches.
- Protecting the players from injuries and wounds and providing them with all the volleyball services.
- Interacting with the players, assistant coaches and parents of all the players
- Encouraging all the team members to develop sportsman spirit and ensuring that his/her’s is the best volleyball team.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Available min 2 nights per week for practices
- 4 tournament mandatory minimum. All incremental tournaments are at coaches and team discretion.
- Criminal record and Vulnerable Sector check
- Strong technical knowledge of volleyball and how the game is played for both males and females
- Long-term experience coaching males and female youth athletes at all ages.
- Love for the game, and a desire to continue to grow the sport in the Guelph area and all other areas across Ontario
- Must posses or working towards NCCP Level 1 certification. Club reimbursement for all fees upon completion.
All interested applicants should email their resumes (with up to three references) and personal statements describing why you are interested in this position.
Send resumes to this email: email@example.com