The Guelph Youth Volleyball Association is a not for profit corporation established to administer a community-based volleyball program to engage all interested participants in a quality athlete centred experience, and to ensure that the mission and goals of the program are followed. We are governed by a volunteer board that exists to provide young people in our community the opportunity to participate in programs that teach fundamental volleyball skills, as well as very important life skills.
We are seeking a Secretary to provide personal administrative support to management and the company through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information. This a VOLUNTEER position.
- prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- organize and coordinate meetings, take and distribute minutes of meetings
- maintain schedules and calendars
- assist with organizing internal and external events
- handle incoming emails, mail and other material
- set up and maintain document management systems
- communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information
- liaison with internal and external contacts
- coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally
Qualifications and Skills Required
- relevant training or qualification
- knowledge and experience of relevant software applications including spreadsheets and database management
- knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- knowledge of business principles
- proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- proven experience in information and communication management
All interested applicants should email their resumes (with up to three references) and personal statements describing why you are interested in this position.
Send resumes to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org